I usually don't like these sort of chain emails, but I kind of like it on Facebook. I don't know why. I was tagged by a few different people and learned so much about some of my friends. Here are mine:
25 Random Things
RULE: Once you've been tagged you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you so they will get your answers. If I tagged you it's because I want to know more about you, if you don't want to play along, it's ok too.
To do this, go to "Notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people(in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish..)
1. My twin sister, Robin, and I were born 1 minute apart. I am older. Ha! We always arrange things so that her stuff is on the right (R for Robin) and my stuff is on the left (L for Linsey).
2. I have secretly been sleeping with Ava, my 2.5 year old, almost every night for the past 9 months. I'm not sure how it happened, but she tiptoes in every single night and adds her pillow in between Jeff and I's. We love it. She's our last baby.
3. I have decided to write a fun book. Just for fun. I am going to write 1 page a day. I have no idea what I will write about. Probably something I dream about. My best writing comes from my weird dreams.
4. I am ditching a kindergarten open house right now. It was probably not going to work out anyway. And it gives me more time to waste on the Internet! Hooray!
5. I wish I could go to conferences and write for a living.
6. Jeff and I would like to move to Europe sometime with our kids. We saw the movie "Revolutionary Road" last night and those conversations seem really depressing now.
7. I hate to cook, but I love to bake. Baking reminds me of my Grandma Nita, who I lived next door to (over the river and through the woods) growing up. She died about 10 years ago and never met my kids. I miss her a lot.
8. I am a 8 year survivor of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My diagnosis anniversary is coming up on Valentine's Day. My bald head was cute, but cold. It sucked, but I got a lot out of the experience. Carpe diem!
9. I love cleaning and organizing my house. I don't get the time to do it much these days though. FlyLady helps me - especially via Twitter updates.
10. I have run 2 marathons - one in Dublin, Ireland and one in Victoria, BC. None in the United States. Both with my twin sister.
11. I have tons of scrapbook materials, but not one finished scrapbook. Blogging has become my scrapbooks.
12. People who are consistently negative are my pet peeve.
13. I am writing a book about virtual incorporation. I have 2 co-authors. And we have a publisher!
14. My husband and kids want to get a dog. I don't, because I would be the one doing everything. I. Just. Know. It.
15. Doing a parent participation preschool with my kids has been the single best thing I have done for my kids (and for me!). It is the best. And I firmly believe that you get out of things what you put into them.
16. Yesterday, my Wii Fit Age was 36 - the same age I really am. Hooray! I do need to exercise more in real life, though. I miss running.
17. I totally sneak eating chocolate. Almost every single day. It is bad. But so good.
18. I was born in Kirkland, WA (by Microsoft) and lived there until I was 8, then lived in Atlanta, GA (I have a twinge of a Southern accent as a result) for a couple of years, then Dallas, TX for a couple of years (which we hated - we used to say that happiness is Texas in the rear view mirror), then in Boulder, CO (back to the mountains!) for 5 years during junior high and high school. I have now lived in the SF Bay Area for almost 20 years!
19. A mean boy in 4th grade called me "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" because when I cry my nose gets red. My daughter Lily gets the same red nose. I hope she escapes the nickname.
20. I went camping almost every weekend when I was a little girl. We had a white VW van (with a pop top!) that we camped in. We called it the "dumb van"...I'm not exactly sure why.
21. I learned to ski when I was 3 years old. I feel bad that my kids haven't learned to ski yet. Maybe this year is the year.
22. Robin and I redid our math homework over the summer when we were in grade school. We loved it.
23. My favorite song right now is Jordin Sparks "One Step at a Time." I love the cheesy pop stuff. I will probably really dig High School Musical when my girls get old enough to start asking me about it.
24. It bugs me that one of my best friends is not on Facebook. I know it shouldn't. But I feel she is missing out! Her other friends are pressuring her too - she'll cave. Soon.
25. Decaf notfat latte, please.
Go do yours on Facebook now!